CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Egg Banana Bread


This is one of the yummiest and, most importantly, easiest recipes for banana bread. It literally took me less than 10 minutes from mixing bowl to the oven. And it's even easier when I get to use our new Kitchen Aid mixer!!

Mangi!,
  • 3 large bananas , well mashed (I usually freeze my bananas before they spoil and then thaw them while I prepare the rest of the ingredients, then mash)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or to taste because I like it a little sweeter!)
  • 1 cup nuts or chocolate chips, optional
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl; put into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.

Tim and I love a small sliver with a little scoop of ice cream at night or in the morning as mini muffins on our way out the door.

I used fresh bananas tonight but usually my frozen bananas are much browner.
Love orange!!

First time mixing in mini chocolate chips. Delicious!



0 comments:

Post a Comment