CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rusted Root - Send me on my way


There are a couple of reasons why I adore Rusted Root, although I really don't know any other songs besides this one. Young girls might recognize it as the song from the movie Matilda.

One is a more sentimental one. My dad once told me my maternal grandpa, Grampy, liked this song. This came as a surprise because my grandfather is not the Rusted Root kind of guy. After he passed away my freshman year of college it was nice to listen to it, close my eyes, and think of him.

The other reason is because I saw "Rusted Root man" aka Michael Glabicki, lead singer, in concert my freshman year of college, or was it sophomore? The whole thing is a blur. Either way, our group of friends made it in to the Blue Gator, underage, something I am sure Jessie had a hand in, and listened to him play. You'll remember I don't recall any of their songs beside this one. So, after a few very freshman drink orders of cranberry and vodka, much "noodle dancing" and obnoxious requests for this song ensued.

As soon as it came on you better believe we were ecstatic! (Cue group girl call, "Wooooo!!!" here). On the walk home of course we called friends high off of the excitement of seeing a concert... in Athens... in a bar... underage! My favorite recollection though is CT calling her parents at somewhere around 2am to tell her parents she was going to "Marry Rusted Root Man and have his babies." Sorry, Lauren. I think Chris is an amazing consolation prize! This is when I fell in love with the girls on the 4th floor of Jeff Hall and some of my best friends from college. I miss those days!

Anyone else like this song?

1 comments:

Linds said...

It's hard to resist a man who can rock a Texas tuxedo.

Post a Comment